I am pretty excited and nervous to share this new project I’m embarking on for the second quarter (and some days) of 2017!
It’s a project I considered doing last year, but I’m going to take part in this year!
I’m nervous, excited, stoked, and so many other emotions like butterflies in my stomach and sweaty palms. All good feelings though, right before you're about to embark on a wonderful new journey full of wonder and excitement! You guessed it, it's all about the Bullet Journal®!
First, a little background on The 100 Day Project:
The 100 Day Project first began "within the PIA Art Collective, a small band of visual artists, in Marquette, Michigan. Since 2008, PIA members have done 100 day projects as a way to keep their creative edge honed" according to the The 100 Day Project website.
In 2014, Elle Luna and some of her friends decided to bring that idea to social media by calling it #The100DayProject.
Reasons Why I Didn't do this project before:
I loved seeing the project unfold in 2015 with so many lovely creatives and wanted to join the project last year in 2016, but psyched myself out of doing it because there were just too many competing thoughts in my mind with shyness and fear and all that great stuff about being human became overwhelmingly apparent. Here are some of the reasons why I didn't participate before:
- I was very in my head about it.
- Anxious about not being able to complete the project and look like a failure in front in everyone.
- The pressure of public accountability.
- Insecurities and self-doubt.
But this year I’m going into it with a different attitude, I still feel these looming in the back of my mind and all but I’ve been reading so many uplifting and insightful quotes that are just SO SPOT ON about how there’s no perfect moment, the best time is always right now, if not me, who?, words like that and I’m just so inspired to tackle this project.
Reasons Why I'm doing the project now:
I have wanted to do the project since I heard about it, and when it rolled around this year I just knew I had to. Especially after reading this article from Regina when she said, "If something is scary and uncomfortable, it's a sign that you're ready to try it." That really hit me because I've been meaning to step into doing new things that for some reason or another, I've been afraid or hesitant of doing, and when I read that I just felt really reassured that I'm on the right path.
"If something is scary and uncomfortable, it's a sign that you're ready to try it." - Regina Anaejionu
Regina goes on to say, "If you truly weren't a good fit for trying this new thing, this thing you can learn from even if it doesn't go well the first time around, then you would actually feel something more like disdain or disinterest" and with that I was just like yep, this is what I need to do because the feelings are good feelings. In a way, I've come realize that they illuminate what's in my heart and mind to do. I've been wanting to do it, and my heart is in the right place and I need to do this.
Plus, when I saw Ryder's post today, it was the inspirational kick in the butt I needed to commit. Thank you, Ryder.
Onto the reasons to do the project now:
- It’ll toss me out of my comfort zone. I actually haven’t even been comfortable there, I’ve actually been pretty uncomfortable not letting myself be ‘known’ in terms of more of my personality and more of how I talk and sharing more of, well, me.
- I’ll get to share my voice online more often. I'm grateful to have the sweet readers that I do! You're all wonderful to me and I want to do more for you!
- Showing up every day to get things out there. One of my big things for the month is to Create before I consume. That’s a big driving word for me. Every month this year I’ve noticed that a new supporting word appears to help drives forward my efforts. For example, my word of the year is Presence, I've been working on being more present, I feel like I’ve been too stuck in my head and the memories of times past and insecurities, doubts, and more and there’s no real reason to stay stuck in those thoughts. I’m happiest when I’m fully immersed and engaged with what I’m currently doing. Life is more full and enjoyable that way. So that’s been supremely helpful to me. It’s allowed me to let my heart be known with heart-to-hearts and I feel liberated and freer to move forward with what I truly want to do and get to where I want to be, which is here with you guys sharing all the ideas I possibly can during the moments I’m alive :) Did that take a grim turn? Haha, oh boy, I totally meant that in a positive way!
- To stretch my creative muscles and skills. I love learning, it's probably one of my most favorite things besides enjoying a good conversation.
- To Create more than I consume. Now that’s the real challenge! I've been kind of caught in this web of being inspired constantly with a seemingly (and hopefully) endless stream of inspiration that I get lost online for hours of browsing. This project will help me get roll up my sleeves and share more of my work. As much as I love devouring all your creations visually, there's a lot I want to share as well :)
- To prove that I can do this! Most of all to prove this to myself, that when I set my mind to achieve something like this, that I can do it. Doubts and insecurities aside, the project is about the art of sharing something lovely every day!
I love Bullet Journaling, so I'm really excited and I'm intentionally focusing on these wonderful exciting feelings of creating. I’m really excited and nervous, but I’m doing it because I feel like it will shove me out of my comfort zone and I can share the ideas I’ve been wanting to share for a long time now with the basis of this fun project to kick my butt into gear!
I even put a little calendar on my sidebar so you can see the posts every day :)
How to Follow Along my #100DaysofBulletJournalIdeas Project:
If you'd like to follow along this crazy journey, here's how you can do so:
1. Follow me on Instagram, @TinyRayofSunshine. I'll be posting the photos with the #100DaysofBulletJournalIdeas hashtag that I will use to post all 100 photos! Click it to check them out periodically.
2. Subscribe to my Sunny Newsletter (click the banner at the top of the page). I'll be sending out a weekly email newsletter rounding up the articles from the week to greet your inbox!
3. Subscribe via your favorite feed reader, such as Feedly. Here's my feed url: http://feedpress.me/tinyrayofsunshine
4. Check out the #100DaysofBulletJournalIdeas tag to scroll through all the ideas!
Start your own 100 day project!
I invite you to join us in creating your own 100 day project. Simply decide on a topic and go for it! Create an Instagram account if you don't already have one and join in the fun of stretching your creative muscles! Join by creating an Instagram account, decide on a project and give it a hashtag and share everyday online for 100 days!
Here are some topic ideas:
- Daily Bullet Journaling
- Sketchnotes like the lovely @fourdotspaper
Come up with your own and if you decide to make your own, let me know in the comments so I can cheer you on!
You ready to embark on this journey with me? Let's make wonderful things happen! :)
Remember the mantra for this project:
Create before you consume!
Some of the links used in this article are Amazon Affiliate links, such as the items below, which means that if you make a purchase through them, I will make a commission at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in helping keep Tiny Ray of Sunshine running!
Pen: Uniball Signo RT1 .5